Category: New Media (page 1 of 2)

Rooted in Sound: Class Project

For this project the class as a whole was asked to come up with ideas that the Bob Moog Foundation could use. Each person in the class turned in a proposal and the founder of the foundation, Michelle Moog, then narrowed down the proposals. From there, the class chose which one was best to pursue and was broken up into teams. My proposal was selected by the class to move forward with  and I was elected Team Leader as a result.

I proposed both to the Bob Moog Foundation and the the class that we create a kind of game that explored the different types of sound waves while encompassing Bob Moog’s love of gardening. We built this using a combination of Adobe Illustrator, Unity, and a few different sound editing softwares.  Below is the initial proposal for the project.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Here is a link to the final result: http://genefelice.com/RootedInSound/

Drain Strain: Class Project

This project was a class wide project in which the class was broken up into teams and asked to create something that serves the “greater good” of humanity. Our class elected to create what we coined the ‘Drain Strain’, which was a grate to put under sewer drain that would in turn filter out trash from the street as it flowed down the drain. As a class, we created a website, promotional video, and a full prototype with shareable plans.  I was elected Team Leader and was in charge of managing each team and the overall progress and direction of the project.

The website we created is below:

http://nmdportfolios.org/drainstrain/index.html

 

 

For our final we were to make a short animation that was to be at least one minute long. I struggled with what to make for this before stumbling on a dog I had made a few months earlier and deciding to go with it.

 

 

This small project was to take something, rotoscope it out, and place it onto something else to make it fit. I chose to take a jazzercise video from the 1980’s and place it into Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

This short project was to take an object that had green screen behind him and place the object in an odd environment. I choose this zebra and placed it into the music video for the song Mambo No.5.

 

 

This project was to take an audio clip that was thirty seconds  to a minute in length and experiment with kinetic typography. I chose a clip from the film The Princess Bride and played with the opposing voices and characters represented with it.

This project was to create a parallax scrolling scene using Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe After Affects. I’m quite proud of the overall design work in this project.

 

For this we were asked to create a thirty second animation of whatever we wanted. I chose to create a snake finding a new hat. The biggest struggle for this project was getting the snake to move properly.

This project was to create a product and a video for the product based on biomimicry.

Moving Infographic

 

This project was to make an infographic on any subject of one’s choosing. Once the infographic was made, the next task was to turn it into a moving infographic. I chose to make in infographic on giant, prehistoric animals compared to their current ancestors. The biggest struggle was figuring out how to include the information in a concise manner given the size constraints.

Older posts

© 2019 hanna karas

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑